Thursday, October 2, 2014

How Did She Do That?

The very cool thing about having all of the ink choices with Stampin' Up!, is that there are so many opportunities to use them. And the very best thing about this? Until October 6th, ALL ink pads below are 15% off!

See the nifty ribbon on this card from my post earlier today?


If you have ink pads and Very Vanilla Seam Binding, you can achieve this look quite easily. Put down something to protect your surface, I use the Stampin' Up! Silicone Craft Sheet. (this little jewel has tons of uses!) For the above ribbon, I tapped a bit of the Pumpkin Pie ink directly on to the Craft Sheet. Then just beside that, I tapped a bit of Cajun Spice ink. Then I spritzed the ink with water, just a bit, enough for it to bead up. Now for the fun/messy part: just lay/drag/smoosh the ribbon...whatever technical stamping term you want use...in the water & ink mixture. I did more of the Pumpkin Pie, then kind of wadded the ribbon up and dabbed at the Cajun Spice. Once the ribbon had color all over, I wadded the ribbon up inside a paper towel to get the extra moisture out of it. You can speed up the drying time with a hair dryer or heat tool, but it really does dry pretty quick on it's own. I love the wrinkled look, but you could easily straighten it out for a flat look. When I am thinking clearly, I wear a surgical glove when I do this. Unfortunately, menopausal women don't always think clearly. But that's OK, people say I look great in orange! Items used are below, but the links showing the sale prices on certain items is a bit further down the page.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions. If you need ink...paper...envelopes...adhesive at 15% off  and select stamp sets at 20% off, please follow the links below. As always, this woman with the orange hands appreciates your business!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Artfully Yours,

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog. If you like what you see, please sign up to follow me by email.