Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Paper Players Challenge #206 & Weekly Deals

I spent a little bit of time this past Sunday getting to know my new Blendabilities Markers in Old Olive,  Daffodil Delight & Cherry Cobbler. I am completely loving them and can't wait to get my next colors. Blendabilities are alcohol based markers that match some of the Stampin' Up! ink & paper colors. Water-based ink is used to stamp the image so it will not smear when you color it in. Most of the samples I had been seeing online had stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black. This ink DOES happen to be my all time favorite "go to" black ink, but for this card, I didn't want the  black outline. Since the regular Stampin' Up! markers are water based, I decided to try those. I colored the rubber on this flower stamp with Old Olive & Real Red markers, stamped, then I laid down various layers of the Delightful Daffodil and the Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities. I used the lightest marker from each set and accented the petals with the color lifter. Then colored the stems with the Old Olive Blendabilities lightest marker.

I stamped the Chevron background stamp with Daffodil Delight and cut various tags from the Flashback series DSP with the Banner Framelits. (I am seriously addicted to those Banners!) I used the Ovals Framelits and the Deco Labels Framelits for the main image and popped it up using Stamin' Dimensionals.


Full list of supplies to follow. Isn't this bright & cheery? 



Table by StampinBuddy. Try it FREE.






NEW WEEKLY DEALS! - Check out the latest batch of Stampin' Up! Weekly Deals.   
Discounted prices on this week's deals end August 4. 


Don't forget, this is the last day for the "Buy 3, get one free" DSP special! 


Click here to take advantage of this amazing offer! 


Have a great week! 

Artfully Yours,

Kim

4 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous, Kim! I love Daffodil Delight and Real Red together! The black makes the colors pop! Your coloring is beautiful! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. The honeycomb texture is so nice behind your beautifully colored focal point! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Kim! This a great combination of colors! I love flowers against the chevron background! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim I really like the boldness of your card and the flower image. Thanks for the info on how you coloured it with your blendabilities and markers. You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog. If you like what you see, please sign up to follow me by email.